Thursday, January 20, 2011

Potty Time






This is officially Kyla's first success with her potty. I'm so proud, that yes, I am posting a picture of it online. We've worked months for this. Followed shortly by not so much success:

Let me explain. The contents of this bag were scooped up off the carpet in her bedroom. I knew she had been quiet for too long, and when I went to check on her she exclaimed, "Go away!" with a stop sign hand up to confirm her request. Translation: "I'm pooping mom, leave me alone!" Which is usually fine, except when she is naked and standing in the middle of her room on carpet. She then said, "I messy, clean up." We put it in the bag and I asked her where her poop was supposed to go. She proceeded to carry the bag into the bathroom and place it into this potty. I guess on some level its sinking in. Since then we have had one more success with the former and one success with the latter, followed by a huge accident with both that absolutely traumatized my little one. She doesn't cry that hard for anything. So we are taking a break. I'd rather change a diaper honestly.

And feed her hot dogs. For breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment