Friday, April 15, 2011

Vintage Revivals

Mandi,

I am a newly obsessed blogger and have recently fallen in love with your blog. I love that you are completely open and honest about who you are and the realities of life good and bad. I love that you said I don't have to sand my dresser to paint it and can just use primer instead. I love that every piece of furniture you've refinished makes my heart stop. I love that you chose to make your blog not only about your amazing design (and it is amazing!) but also about the amazing you. Oh, and I am going through boxes of Depends just thinking about your current giveaway!


My fam moved into our new home for Christmas. Since then I've more or less figured out most of the rooms except for my bedroom. I haven't so much as a picture up. Remember the dresser I mentioned up there...the good news is, it was free. I thought you'd like to hear that. The bad news is:



Yup there it is... I have been wanting to refinish it to match all of this:


(Also all free)



But heck, is matching it to boring dark wood really necessary? After seeing your refinishing skills, I have new vision for the levels of beauty this dresser could achieve. Lets just you and I refinish it all, or find great pieces that are smaller and fit better in my space and refinish those.

...And did you see my blank white walls? What a beautiful blank canvas for your crazy good voodoo design magic!

Let me tell you about the quilt.


Its running on its 10th year. Its the only quilt I've made and I was so proud of it -tie dyed each square, sewed it up, and made my mom bind it for me. (Thanks mommy.) The reds are now pink, the binding is unraveling, and my poor husband still sleeps under it with me. I want to get/make something new and I can't decide on a color scheme. Help!

Hold on a sec, my window has a message for you:


Yes PLEASE help me. I need my bedroom to look like a room only you can create.

Loving your Vintage Revivals,

Laryssa

7 comments:

  1. Laryssa!
    Oh we could totally come up with something amazing for sure! Thanks for entering and good luck lady!!

    Love your guts
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laryssa,
    I have 2 dressers that are exactly the same style as yours! I absolutely love them, and they were both free!! Check out the redo here!
    www.lovingbirdblog.blogspot.com

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Loved this post Laryssa. I think it's hilarious your windows had a message to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like a celebrity because Mandi commented on my blog. Its better than all my dreams that I'm winning American Idol by a million percent, because this one actually happened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Good luck! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete