Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gardening 101

Okay, that is the class I need to take. We are just winging it. The Rangely Community Garden is officially up and running. The Hadley's have planted their little parcel.


We threw some seeds at the ground: sweet peas, carrots, green onions, onions, zucchini, cucumber, basil, parsley, cilantro, watermelon, green beans, spinach, lettuce, and cabbage.

We bought some starter plants too: cucumber, strawberries, jalapenos, bell peppers, Anaheim, habenero, tomato, and seed potatoes.

After one week, our little sweet peas have pushed their way up towards the sun. As far as the rest of the seeds go, they may be lost, I'll let you know.


I LOVE knowing that at least every other day we get to take a family trip down to our garden and spend time together. Its the best!

2 comments:

  1. Laryssa- Thank you so much for praying for my husband and I, and for leaving my blog with such encouraging words. :) We got the results today, and are optimistic. My husband has severe damage and deterioration of his left hip bone/joint. His doctor isn't sure what caused this type of injury/damage but has told him he will have to consult with an orthopedic surgeon to see what type of procedure can be done to help him. We are thankful that it wasn't something worse. Thank you again for praying.

    Your little girl is adorable. I hope your garden will produce lots f good veggies for you guys. We love our garden and so does my 2 year old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gardens, what an adventure! Thanks for commenting over at Happy Momma

    ReplyDelete