Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chili sauce, who knew?

My new favorite thing



How did I not know about this stuff?!

My Aunt Carolyn makes these amazing Grapes of Wrath meatballs. I saw the recipe included chili sauce and called her to see which strange looking bottle in the Mexican food section of my grocery store I should grab. "No," she said, "Its by the ketchup." That's right, its pretty much glorified ketchup and oh so yummy.

So far I am eating it on meatloaf once a week, and I didn't even like meatloaf before. I love it on my meatballs and I found an interesting looking macaroni recipe with chili sauce. I think I'll have it on eggs tomorrow. Yum.

Have you used this stuff? Do you love it? What are your favorite ways to use it?

I can't get enough.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like the recipe for the grapes of wrath meatballs, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janeth, Thank you for all your comments! I can't figure out where to respond but here. So, Grapes of Wrath Meatballs: 2 jars chili sauce, 1 lrg jar grape jelly and a huge bag of meatballs. melt the grape jelly in a skillet, then add the chili sauce. Put meatballs in a crock pot and pour the sauce over the top. Cook on high 2-3 hours. Yum.

    ReplyDelete