Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Latest and Greatest

Seth has been rolling over for about a week.  He folds himself in half like a little rolly polly and rolls.  Once he's on his tummy he gets his little knees underneath him and scooches himself around on his head.  This doesn't make him super happy, but it is super fun to watch.  He is a strong little guy!


He loves music, always gives me big smiles when I sing to him and sometimes he tries to sing along.  He is starting to grab at everything, hair, toys, hair, my breakfast plate, hair.  Ouch!  He especially loves Kyla.  She likes to squeeze his cheeks together and say "chubby chubby."  He laughs and laughs.

Kyla and I spent the afternoon racing yesterday.  She got a flag from story time and used it to wave us to start.  The race consists of jumping off the stool, sliding, playing the piano, cooking some noodles in her kitchen, then sit down on her cat chair.  Today, we tried it again with her friend Tylee. 

Tylee waved her to start, yelling go Kyla! Slide Kyla!





Then Kyla hurried to the top of the slide and...


 That was the end of racing.  Her face hurt a bit for awhile.

She ate a homemade popsicle and put the stick in our silverware drawer when she finished.  "What a great helper!" I told her as I sneaked it into the dishwasher. She has been loving brushing my hair, and while she does she repeats over and over "Bepunzel, its too dark Bepunzel."  I finally realized what she was trying to say and replied "But Mother, I want to see the floating lights, its my birthday!"   Then Kyla/Mother Gothel screeches "NEVER! You can never see the floating lights!"  It is a little bit creepy funny.

Kyle has been on a Wizards of Waverly Place kick with me.  He says he's doing it for me, but I know he secretly loves it.  After a few weeks we're on about episode 50 out of 90.  Unfortunately Kyle started skipping the title song, "Well you know everything's gonna be a breeze... Yes Please...and so on."  You have to admit the show can be pretty hilarious. We also stay busy with volleyball, basketball, softball, and trying to avoid the bugs.  More on that to come...

Until then...I leave you with us. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok I just wanted to thank you so much for this post! I was having a bit of a yucky day and I read this at night just before bed. I laughed so hard that I woke up Briel and made him look at the picture of Kyla taking the header. I am still laughing at the thought of it. Way to brighten my day! We sure miss you guys a lot!

    ReplyDelete