Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Girl's Day

While shopping at Target last week (a special treat for this small town girl,) I found a headband that I needed, but didn't want to spend money on. I tried to find a picture of it online, but it is nowhere to be found. To make it I need seed beads and a better memory of what it looked like, but Kyla and I improvised.


I had a pack of 6 headbands for a dollar at Family Dollar. Kyla was using them as crowns, but we made them way prettier. I knew I was saving this pink ribbon for something.


We cut out a piece of felt and started gluing. Kyla had different ideas than me, but its her headband so we went with it. She loves music, butterflies, crowns, and bling, so despite the craziness I love how it turned out.


If it were possible to have a second go of it, I would glue the felt piece lower on the headband.



Then it was my turn.



I really would model it for you if I didn't still have a horrifying bright red monster eye. (Also known as Pink Eye.)

Everything we used we just had on hand - various scrapbook supplies and ribbons and scraps from other projects. The ivory rose is from a pair of tights.

Kyla even made herself a set of drumsticks.


Love that my girl is getting old enough to craft with me!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you let her make her own! What a fun project to do together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the headbands and that you enjoyed craft time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute love that girl and her cute headband. You two are super creative and seth what a cute. Can't wait to finally meet him and see you guys. Sorry about the pink eye grrrr. love u

    ReplyDelete